Friday, October 2, 2009

Trash to Treasure

S: When I was in college I went out to check the mail and spied an old door set out with the neighbor's trash. I walked across the street to take a look and decided it had potential. So I picked up the entire door and carried it into my garage. The door had a decorative metal grate on the front, which I unscrewed from the rest of the door, then returned the door to the neighbor's trash...I wonder if they ever noticed. I gave it a couple of coats of spray paint to hide it's original shiny brass color.

This piece has had many uses, I hung it over my couch in college to separate the living room from the dining room.



Zach and I hung it on the wall in our first apartment, with a painted blue rectangle behind, to add a little color to the all white walls.



Now it's out on the patio of our home.

I wonder what we'll use if for next. It's like the Barbie of home decor, how many careers has that doll had?

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you amaze me with your chronicling of living space. Taking pictures of every abode is crazy! But come to think of it... I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete