Friday, March 26, 2010

Ruffles

Too many ruffles can be a bad thing...

but when used in moderation, ruffles are any easy way to add a little interest. Take these simple beige curtain panels for example:


After using a few yards of inexpensive white muslin to add ruffles:




I measured out an 8" wide strip of muslin, then folded it in half and sewed along the long open edge. I then turned the tube of fabric inside out and pressed it flat with the seam at the side. By hand, I sewed a gathering stitch about 1/2" in from the edge and pulled tight to create ruffles. I pinned the ruffle into place on the back of my curtain panel and sewed along the edge to secure it.

1 comment:

  1. for a second... I thought you had made the ruffles for that slip! And then modeled it!

    You have to admit, that slip took some good sowing skills.

    ReplyDelete