Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cinco De Mayo

Thanks to all my family and friends for all the warm birthday wishes you sent my way! Here's a little run down of my day...

My coworkers took me to Mandola's Italian Market for lunch, where I had a caprese sandwich (tomatoes, mozzarela, and basil). On my way home from work, I stopped by the farmer's market and bought a dozen fresh eggs from Smith and Smith Farms.

When I got home, Zach was there to greet me. As usual, he did a great job picking out my gift. He got me a lovely bouquet of flowers and a gift card to the Sewing Station! I'm sure it won't last long!


Then he handed me a large wrapped box, which he said was from my mom. I assumed he'd picked something up for her since she wouldn't be here, but it turns out she brought it with her the last time she came to visit, and Zach managed to hide it from me until my birthday. Before I reveal what was inside, it requires a bit of a back story...way back...back before I was born. My parents received a set of glass stemware as a wedding gift, and I ended up with it when I went to college. A few months ago during a visit to Houston, my mom and I were browsing a local antique shop and came across a set of the same glassware, except in a larger size. Zach was studying in the car (yes, zach would rather study that go into an antique store) and I drug him inside to see my amazing find and try to convince him that we needed the larger set of glasses to go with the small set we already had. Zach, always the voice of reason, reminded me that we already had a ton of glassware and didn't need any more. So we left the store empty handed.

I'm sure by now you've guessed what was in the box...









After I opened my gifts, we went to Cafe Bleu out on Lake Travis for dinner. It was a nice birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a happy birthday! Sounds like hubby and Mom both did very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a nice birthday! Aren't moms wonderful when our husbands are the 'voice of reason'?

    ReplyDelete