Monday, May 17, 2010

Reusable Produce Bags

I made the switch to canvas shopping bags a while back, but was still using plastic produce bags for all my fruits and vegetables. At a recent trip to the grocery store, I looked into my cart and realized I had about 15 plastic produce bags. It occurred to me, when filling my canvas bags full of plastic ones, that I wasn't accomplishing much in the way of environmental friendliness. That's when I decided to make reusable mesh produce bags. They're easy to make, and because they're lightweight they won't add any more cost to your produce than the regular plastic bags. Each of our moms got a set for Mother's Day, along with a little broccoli.



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Would you post how you made them? (materials, size, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I've got a couple tutorials I need to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make some of these. . . I don't put my produce in bags so they just roll around my cart. . . poor cashiers!

    ReplyDelete