Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beverage Tags

Etsy has a wonderful feature called Alchemy. Buyers can post requests for custom handmade items, and then sellers bid on the opportunity to make the item. As much as I'd like to branch out into every corner of the craft world, I just don't have the money or the space for all the tools and supplies I'd need. So when I wanted to create ceramic beverage tags, I turned to Etsy Alchemy. It's like having your own personal genie. I dream up an item, make a wish on Alchemy, and within hours there's a whole slew of sellers ready to do my bidding with bids.

I wanted labeled tags to go along with my beverage servers, that way guests would know what they were drinking. Of course they could try the age old method of actually tasting the drink, or I could inform them of their options. But tags are prettier...and I love labeling things.

Along with a detailed description, I included this illustration with my Alchemy request:


I chose to work with Wise Impressions, who offered a very fair price. Here's the end result:


1 comment: