Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Every Little Thing Dress



I made Vera this sweet little dress using the Every Little Thing Dress pattern from Shwin Designs. Aside from baby sun hats, this is the first piece of clothing I've attempted to sew. I've always been intimidated by clothing patterns, but once I started sewing I realized, hey this isn't that bad! I'd give this pattern 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was fairly easy to follow but some of the instructions were a little ambiguous and I felt that the pictures could have been a little better. At 13 months, Vera can wear the size 2T, with a little room to grow.


The bodice fabric and skirt trim is Modern Meadow Herringbone in Maple by Joel Dewberry. I added three knotted bows to the front of the bodice (instead of one large bow at the waist, as instructed in the pattern) and used vintage buttons for the back.





It even has pockets! You know, to store important things like legos and play money.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! You did such a nice job on it!!!
    Vera looks precious too!

    ReplyDelete