This was my first time to make candied pecans. I made a few changes to an exisiting recipe and this is what I came up with. The measurements are a little odd because I adjusted them for the amount of pecans I had.
1 3/4 lb pecan halves
1 3/4 c white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon and 1 1/4 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together water, vanilla, and egg whites in another bowl, until frothy. (An easy way to separate the whites from the yolks is to use a slotted spoon.)
- Pour the pecans into the egg mixture and stir to coat; then pour the pecans into the dry ingredients and toss/stir to coat.
- Spread the pecans out on the pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.